The Rocket

So Long, Limberg! (it’s funny because he’s tall)

Hayden Holmberg, Editor

Mr. Timothy Limberg has been an administrator of John Marshall High School for 15 years, being assistant principal for 5 years until he was promoted to principal in 2008. Recently it was announced that he would be transferring schools next year to the Alternative Learning Center. Although he’s leaving John Marshall, he has had a major influence on the community and atmosphere of John Marshall, and has high hopes for its future.

So why is Limberg leaving John Marshall? Well, he says, it’s for the best. He says that “We expect students and staff to grow and to try new things. It’s just to try something different.”

Mr. Limberg’s stay at JM has created lots of memories for him. He recounts his favorite times as the homecoming events, most specifically the band marching through the hallways. Some of the most difficult times, he says, are when students have conflicts that affect the culture here at JM. Another very difficult thing is student deaths.

Limberg has learned a great deal here at John Marshall. He’s learned that students are

very resilient. He says that staff-student collaboration is essential. He’s learned that change can be hard, and communication between students and staff is very important. One of the most important things he’s learned, he says, is that he’s “Only as good as the students and staff in the building.”

Mr. Limberg has made many improvements to John Marshall, including renovating the gym, and making the murals, paintings, and decorations in the hallways a priority. Some of the changes that he would like to see in the future are the facilities continuing to be updated. He also hinted at plans for a possible 1:1 iPad program at John Marshall, like we’ve seen in other schools in the district, providing students with an iPad for their schoolwork.
He has some advice for both the students of John Marshall and the future principal. The principal, he says, needs to focus on building relationships. They shouldn’t make too many changes their first few years. He also makes a point that there “needs to be more technology in the hands of our students and staff.” The students, he says, need to help monitor the community, to keep the relationship between students and staff close. And most importantly, he leaves us with a reminder to “Always keep learning.”